Saturday, January 11, 2014

It's Better to Travel Well Than to Arrive ~Buddha

I know we're still 49 days until launch, but there is much to prep and plan for.... or not. However, I plan to travel well and have a place for all things. I have chosen to do all I can to organize and pack so we don't have to spend much money on the other end buying what I already have duplicates of here...where did I put that other can opener?  We really don't know or can't conceptualize the space inside the trailer and where we will put things... So, what THINGS do we take? I packed a 1950s vitamix blender. We love smoothies and protein drinks. What if I need to make a Marguerita? We also have plenty of items that will work well for food storage without having to spend a fortune buying canisters and containers to fit in our new space. I might as well bring them from here. I'm on a DIY kick anyway. I am grateful  for pinterest and the wealth of ideas on organizing. I am utilizing all my empty crystal light containers... I knew they would come in handy. And what would we do without Amazon? What we need gets ordered and delivered to our door. Blackboard contact paper.... what a find! I can label and relabel. A few more items to be ordered, but hopefully, we can just have them shipped to Anita and William's place in Tucson. Still to be ordered are leveling blocks for the trailer, a more durable sewer hose, oh the fun things, and a 12v crockpot. I am imagining putting a roast in the crockpot and after a day on the road dinner will be ready when we arrive at our new campsite. How cool is that?! Gerard now has a 12v adapter for the cpap machine!

We were really blessed and surprised that our son, Chaz, gave us a car top carrier for xmas–an enormous car top carrier! I put the things I expected and hoped to put in it so we wouldn't have to cram it all inside the car. Sitka will be able to have the whole back seat to himself.  The carrier is not even half full! I do have to remember all this stuff has weight and weight costs fuel. A good reason we have started packing so early. I am sure we will be re-evaluating until our departure date.

I hope to put another rug and our jewelry gear in the carrier. In the rear of the car I've managed to get all the bedroom, kitchen and other necessities into 3 tubs that should fit nicely in the cargo area of the Saturn.  Is it March 2nd yet?!
spices-velcro these under a cabinet?

the blue bucket has 2sheet sets, pillows, towels, and down comforter
(all in space saver bags) 1 camp kitchen tub and 1 camp gear tub

blackboard contact paper...love this stuff!
amazing car carrier... can even take the kitchen sink?


car top carrier w/2 bag chairs, tent, folding table, 6'x9' deck mat, drying rack and it's not half full!


No comments:

Post a Comment