Friday, August 7, 2015

In the Interim...

Home Sweet Home
We are here in Duluth. It is the beginning of August and all the chores are done at the Heart House for the most part. Painting is complete, repairs have been made and house showings have started drumming up some interest. It seems unfathomable that in 6-7 weeks this house could be empty of my life's possessions and we will be saying goodbye to this view.
.
An evening at Brighton Beach
We have had visits from the grandkids and a chance to play tourist in our town. I took the girls on Vista Star and played on the beach. I am hoping we can squeeze in another visit from all the kids before it is all said and done.

Today, the fog is thick and temps are cool and I am keeping the fire stoked to keep the chill out. The parade of guests starts today. My mom and niece, Sydney arrive this afternoon. My sisters and niece, Sara drive up on Sunday. Tim (Wino) and girlfriend arrive as soon as my family leaves. Corrine and Julio will ride up around labor day. Carol and Cindy may stop in to have a glass of wine on the deck. If you are in an round town. Please come see us!

Our last post was on the brighter side of this journey. We let you know that we were getting a total do-over. Well.....the new rig arrived from Roadtrek a few weeks ago. A beauty ... it is!
leather interior... an upgrade!

The new Land of ZiOs
We were able to take it out on trip "up north". I had always wanted to see the only virgin timber in the state of Minnesota. We camped at a conservation corp camp– Winie Dam Campground. It was the tail end of the bug season. We are so grateful for our screens! We also stumbled into a resort that had space for us on Bowstring Lake right on the water's edge. We had the chance to work a few bugs out and yes, there were a few.... no hot water, ignition switch faulty on the stove top and apparently the microwave wasn't screwed down well enough and it took flight when Gerard was making a turn out of the driveway. A new microwave should arrive today. We will also be adding on an outside storage unit Roadtrek sent to us as an additional upgrade which I am really excited about.
in the Lost Forty
Turns out the hot water heater was in bypass mode and with phone assistant from Jeff Stride at Roadtrek we can wash the dishes and take a hot shower! There must be a faulty switch on the stove top and for now we can use a lighter to get flame. We will have to figure out when to get it in to a dealer to get that worked out but that is a small thing.

We are not sure when we will launch on our next expedition. The house has to sell or I need to find a tenant again before we can take off.  When we do set off, we expect to travel across Lake Michigan by ferry, landing in Ludington to see Wayne and Sheila. We will make our way down through Ohio into West Virginia and out to the eastern seaboard traveling along the Atlantic. I am excited to camp with the wild ponies on Assateague Island. This is a bucket list check off for sure!  Maybe we will make it down to the Keys before heading to the Gulf to settle for the winter.

If you have suggestions for must stop places.... please let us know. Always love your comments.

3 comments:

  1. I enjoyed the rest of the story vs the tidbits that we share on FB, Cat! You must be experiencing a vast array of emotions as you go through this process. I think though you have moved on already in many respects and maybe will feel lighter once it's all complete. I know that great adventures lie ahead for you and your sweeties, furry and not so furry! :) Much love and I will enjoy reading your posts from afar. PS You might want to make it so that we can receive email updates automatically. That's what I did on mine.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i will look for that email notice... good idea
      there are a few serious interests in the house.... so i am confident we will be letting go this year .... Assateague... here we come. i hope i cna come your way someday soon

      Delete
  2. I enjoyed the rest of the story vs the tidbits that we share on FB, Cat! You must be experiencing a vast array of emotions as you go through this process. I think though you have moved on already in many respects and maybe will feel lighter once it's all complete. I know that great adventures lie ahead for you and your sweeties, furry and not so furry! :) Much love and I will enjoy reading your posts from afar. PS You might want to make it so that we can receive email updates automatically. That's what I did on mine.

    ReplyDelete