Monday, February 1, 2016

Nearly Ready to Launch

Our last week at the Cape house and Sunday the 7th we start our two month exploration of Old Florida. However, we won't wander too far away at first. Crazy as it seems, we are headed to Fort Myers Beach to set up camp until February 16th. At this time of year, we don't want to go north yet; we want to hang on to all the warm temps SoFlo has to offer. Highs up in the panhandle, (where we are headed) are 60s and hopefully 70s. It's perfect 80s down in SoFlo. We are just starting the height of "in season". Oh my, the traffic, especially with only one way on and off Estero Island!!!!  It will be a good time to walk, walk and walk.

Our first settlement will be at San Carlos RV Park right on San Carlos Blvd, right before the Matanzas Pass Bridge.
Matanzas Pass Bridge
We will be right on the water and exactly a 1 mile walk to the beach. I will actually experience 3 different campsites while at San Carlos. I think I will do camp site reviews in this series of blog posts in case I ever get this blog up and out there for the general wanderers to find. My intention is to clean up this computer and maybe move the blog to Wordpress while lazing around on our vacation. So if anyone has experience with that (with Wordpress that is, not lazing around :-) I would be eternally grateful for advice and any help you can lend.
San Carlos RV Park

Gerard will spend a few days in Minnesota visiting his mama. My sister, Suzi, is flying down for a couple days and I think I've convinced my mom to go out and about in the ZiOs mobile with me for a few days until Gerard gets back. We will then be off to swim with the Manatees up north.... Northern Florida that is. This will be me on 2/26/16-my birthday-

No comments:

Post a Comment