... the road to becoming shunpikers and boondockers "If you could live anywhere, wouldn’t you want to live everywhere?" ~Brendan Leonard
Sunday, January 10, 2010
•Through time and space...
I am a traveler in time and space. There is more to do and see than there is a lifetime to do it in. I guess I will be around a few more times on this earthly plane. Passion is the foundation in my life... a passion to travel is probably the strongest. I have a passion for finding beauty in what others think is ordinary or simply mundane. I find the joy of now... the strawberries barely visible in the grass, the gargoyles atop an otherwise nondescript apartment building, the way the air smells like Spain after a rain. The world applauds the big, the noisy, the obvious. I value the small, the quiet and the subtle. I do my best not take a minute for granted. I have found a person who also finds joy in simple things and can share some of my passions. He at times will join me and wander ... sometimes its as simple as calling out roadtrip, but next year I will venture off to Costa Rica on a solitary mission to learn body work. What a life! I walk the beach daily (I really do have a beach!), lift weights and kickbox. I strap on the rollerblades, from time to time or head up the shore to explore the rivers. Teaching high school has allowed me to be an advisor to an amazing group of kids called STAR/SPAA. I travel home on weekends when I can to ski and sit in front of the fire. I am not a hunting, fishing, camping gal...did a bit too much of it and now roughing it is a bed and breakfast. I believe I live a charmed life. I have the courage to believe in myself and my dreams. Often people set their goals on the big picture, but my joy comes from the details. someone once said, "God is in the detail." so are most of the pleasures in life.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment