
A cup of tea in hand and an afternoon of solitude allows time for daydreaming and relaxing. There is no set agenda; however, the day unfolds perfectly. Sleeping until daylight set the stage for perfection. I grabbed a yogurt and started the coffee. I rolled out the yoga mat and completed my thirty minute routine. Gerard headed out the door for a meeting. I cleaned house and started laundry. I was then left with the remainder of the day to do as I pleased. Sitka and I set out for a walk on the ice. There's magic in being able to walk on water. An hour trek could then be traded for an afternoon of idle contemplation. I always settle into my favorite spots in the house, but I needed to break the routine. I pull the r
ocker into the wide berth of sun streaming into the living room and gaze out on to the snow covered river. The hours ahead have so much potential, but I choose to sit still and revel in the warmth of the sunlight and allow for ideas and inspiration to take wing.It feels natural to retreat from the frantic pace of a work week. I dream of about days in retirement and the freedom to just be. When nothing in particular has to be done and all the time in the world to do it. It's not always easy for me to leave guilt out of an idle equation. I often need a prescription for sitting still. I often need permission to get lost in a book or work on my driftwood creations. The demands of Monday through Friday can easily convince me to turn over my weekend hours. As the sun dips below the ridge on the other side of the river, I revel in the gift of peace and quiet.
As the evening approaches I contemplate a delectable creation that will warm the house and and be so fragrant it will arouse a sleeping husband from a long winter's nap. I will light the candles and start the fire and then retire to the pages of that new book, guilt free.
No comments:
Post a Comment