Yesterday, I sat in front of
the fire under a moon so full to just be with this decision. The early morning quiet always provides that space for serenity and reflection. I did my best to just be with this decision and my possible fears. In all honesty, for thirty years, I have loved what my vocation has been. I am a teacher. I have never had to go to work. I have been able to get up and go do what I love. It has taken me those thirty years to have earned my present salary. I think this may be the most significant fear I have –to walk away from what I have earned. But, I have also earned a loving and committed relationship. I am in love with a man who will support me financially, spiritually and emotionally. I have a beautiful space to live, in fact, I have two beautiful spaces to live. We will retreat to the lake house and give up the river house. Finally, I trust in the universe to bring an answer to my intentions. For the past six months, I have been saying I am done with the paperwork. I love my teaching and my students with a passion. However, I no longer want to spend my weekends writing reports. It is clear to me that if I work on the weekends or during my evening hours it has to be on something that makes a difference for my students– engaging lessons, reflective exercises–something that promotes their intellectual and soul growth. Under present circumstances, the job requires mountains of paper I can no longer produce.
If I listen to the stirrings of my soul, I recognize the universe is moving me towards the business of bliss. I have long held passions that I have all put on the back burner or extinguished. One day while chatting with Gerard, I said, "I don't have the hours to waste," when explaining why I don't play my guitar. I heard myself, I really heard myself. In my estimation, all my extra hours are to be dedicated to getting my reports done. Plain and simple–hogwash! I will now follow my heart, create a new career, most importantly create. I can still teach, but first I will become a student. Come a year from now, I will be enrolled in massage school in Costa Rica. From this moment until then, I will be about creating. I am in the process of creating the body I want to

inhabit. I have long been less than pleased that I can not move in all the ways I know I am capable. I will create strength, outer and inner. I will create music with words on a page as well as notes on a guitar. I will create the art from nature's remnants I find along my way. I will create the new chapters for my book of life.
~Winter ....is a time to gather golden moments, embark upon a sentimental journey, and enjoy every idle hour. ~John Boswell
It's inspiring to listen to your thoughts. The fears, the joys, the challenges, the dreams and the belief in your heart and the trust in the universe. The willingness to step up to the challenge of living life...
ReplyDeleteThis is so very cool. Your willingness to make this leap of faith is truly awesome and courageous. I applaud your humanity.
ReplyDelete